Tire Chain FAQs & Info
If you have questions regarding tire chains, cable chains, or any other type of traction device, look no further than Harriscos – Industrial Outfitters. Our experienced team of tire chain experts has all the answers to your questions regarding tire chain fitment, selection, and much more! Additionally, we have compiled some helpful information pages here on our site that can answer some of the most common questions pertaining to tire chains and traction devices. Please feel free to browse our site and information pages to learn more.
If you are unable to find the answers or information to your tire chain questions within our "Tire Chain FAQs & Info" section, simply give us a call and one of our helpful tire chain specialists will be glad to assist you. Our tire chain customer service team is trained and has firsthand experience with every type of chain available and can quickly recommend the best traction device for your specific vehicle, equipment type, and application.
Helpful Traction Tips
- The use of traction devices is done so at the users own risk.
- Never exceed 30 MPH with any traction device.
- Tire sizes are printed on the sidewall of every tire regardless of vehicle or equipment type.
- Tread patterns and tire ply thickness can change how a traction device (link chains, cable chains, fabric type, etc.) fits on a tire. Just because a traction device "says" it will fit a given tire size does not always mean that it will in-fact fit. Some modifications of the chain itself may be required or a custom sized traction device may be needed for your specific application.
- The use of tire chain adjusters/tensioners greatly increases the life span of any traction device and helps keep the traction device tighter to the tire while in use. Additionally, if a traction device happens to fail while in use, tire chain adjusters can help prevent damage to the vehicle and/or equipment. Selecting the correct size adjuster/tensioner is just as important as selecting the correct sized traction device.
- Always use common sense, good judgement, and extreme caution when using traction devices.
Please contact our customer service department if you have any questions regarding tire chains, chain installation, fitment, repair parts, etc. Our helpful traction experts will be more than happy to assist you in any way they can!